We don’t call Amsterdam “small city, big heart” for nothing. Our growing community is legendary throughout Tech Valley for its spirit, its warmth, and its safety. Residents rally around our high school sports teams, which have brought home state championships more than once.
Here, people truly care for each other – embodying the term “good neighbors” and creating lifetime friendships.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGES IN GARBAGE PICKUP: Garbage normally collected on Monday will be collected on Tuesday, May 26th.
The City of Amsterdam announces that due to water repair work on Thomas Street there will be a water shutdown, Monday, April 20, 2
10/20/2015 - Common Council
10/15/2015 - Planning Committee
10/06/2015 - Common Council
10/01/2015 - Zoning Board
09/17/2015 - Planning Committee
09/15/2015 - Common Council
- Off of Exit 27 of the New York State Thruway
- Albany International Airport is a 30 minute drive
- Luther Forest Technology Campus
is 23 Miles East
- Average County Housing Sale Price is $52,937
- Six 4-Year Colleges within an Hour’s Drive
- Four Community Colleges within 30 Miles
- Workforce within 30 Miles: 139,000+
- Job seekers within 30 Miles: 24,700