United States Army
1950 to 1953
John A. Carusone joined the U.S. Army in 1950. He received basic training at Fort Lewis, Washington. After completing basic training he was attached to the U.S. Army Headquarters Battery at Fort Ord, California. John then attained the rank of Corporal and was a member of the Army's 770's Anti Aircraft Gun Battalion which had been assigned to guard the Hanford Atomic Plant in North Richland, Washington. John was promoted to the rank of Sergeant before his honorable discharge in 1953.
Make a Donation
Donate to the Amsterdam Heroes Program.